A Better Place to Live is the sequel game/musebox to mayfield_rpg
, following the characters' liberation
from that town.
Mayfield, which appeared to be a pleasant 1950s town ruled by a sinister little girl named Lucy, was in fact a simulation created following the nuclear apocalypse that made life outside the simulation uninhabitable. The truth is, outside the simulation exists only a wasteland, but inside, life was pleasant and uneventful.
Or that was the idea, but the creator of the simulation, Dr. Zemekis, lost his mind in attempt to control his own simulation. After a rebellion in which most of the original survivors from the wasteland were killed or brainwashed, Zemekis began to populate his town with the town with artificial lifeforms, copies made from other worlds.
With Dr. Zemekis constantly straining the simulation to bring in new personalities and disposing of old ones in an attempt to create his perfect town, the simulation he built eventually became strained and was near collapse. The few survivors of the wasteland left living, including former US President William MacCready and his son, rebelled against Zemekis and were killed. Zemekis, losing control entirely, made the decision to destroy his creation.
However, another wasteland survivor, Annie, worked with the imprisoned townspeople to escape. Even when the mysterious Mrs. Johnson took over and repaired the damaged simulation, Annie was able to help the townspeople find a way out into a new area of the simulation. Annie used her knowledge of the program to set the controls to a low power setting, allowing the new simulated town to run safely and automatically while giving the townspeople enough control to transform their town into whatever they want it to be.
Annie's last act, before remaining behind in the abandoned Mayfield, was to allow the townspeople a chance to return dropped and dead characters to their town. Now all current and former citizens of Mayfield have a fresh start.
Any character who was once played in Mayfield is welcome here! Simply join the community and start posting. Your formerly dropped characters will awaken inside a machine room with no memory of anything since their droning, but others will be able to get them up to speed.
Duplicate characters are allowed, as long as they are played by two or more players who also played them at Mayfield. Players will be able to rp the character with memories from their time at Mayfield, with someone else playing the character with a different set of memories.
Former characters should only be rped by the person who played them while they were in the game.
Characters who were never in the game are only accepted if, while Mayfield was open, they applied and had their applications accepted.Rules
1. Golden Rule, bro. Treat others how you would like to treated, don't be a jerk, don't start wank, etc.!
2. This is an unmoderated musebox. That means you are in charge of running your own events and plots, and that the mods won't be helping run things. That does not
mean you have to tolerate harassing/bullying/inappropriate behavior. If someone is doing something that really bothers you, please first ask them to stop, and if they do not or if the harassment is so bad you don't feel comfortable asking, inform the mods by private messaging the mayfield_mods
account. If we agree that behavior is inappropriate, we will ban the player. There is zero tolerance for harassment, hate speech, and threats.
3. Any player who was banned from Mayfield is also banned from this musebox.
4. Explicit content (anything that would be above an R-rating) should be behind a cut, with a warning for content. Please use good judgment as to what is appropriate and what requires a warning, but if other players ask you to cut something or warn for something, please respect their request.
5. Even though this is an informal setting, you should still stay IC, keep in mind that OOC =/= IC and IC actions have IC consequences, and that godmoding is not cool. RP etiquette still matters!
6. You may not app from the movie The Human Centipede or any of its sequels.